Tuesday 25 June 2013

It's all about the Cards...

Hi there friends!

Today at Paper Hearts it's all about the cards.  Now who doesn't love getting a hand made card?  I for one just Love getting hand made cards.  And giving them of course!  I love being able to create a card especially for a loved one, to be able to have them in my thoughts as I create, and to think that something I have made might brighten their day.  It seems just that little bit more special.

I've chosen a few of my favourite cards from the last little while to share with you today.





The stamp I have used on the first two cards is from the Gorjuss range.  This range has become available in Australia this year, however this particular stamp came from the UK range (thanks to a present from my lovely sister).




Both cards use Crate Paper's 6x6 Paper Pad from the Pretty Party collection.




This card is a wedding card made for my Uncle.  When we received our invitation to the wedding, it showcased the colour theme for the big day, which was purple and green.  This made it fairly simple to pick some patterned papers and flowers to keep my card in keeping with the theme that the couple had picked out to remember their special day by.

The papers here are from Kaisercraft (the script) and Basic Grey (the plum purple) .  I have also used a crochet doily from Kaisercraft and a chipboard frame from Imaginarium Designs.  The card is then finished with a mix of flowers and buds, and a sentiment printed from my computer in a pretty script font.  



And finally two cards using the "Sisters" Mini Theme from Echo Park Paper Co.  I've really enjoyed playing with shaker cards lately.  This card combines the shaker card technique, along with a patchwork background.  Some pearl sequins serve as my little "shakers".




Loving this collection.  The Sisters Mini Theme includes a sheet of adorable sticker accents full of girly images of bikes and birdies, flowers and banners, making the perfect layout or card for girlfriends (or Sisters of course)!

Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment