Tuesday 17 February 2015

A Piece of Cake Designs - Guest Designer

Every now and then you'll come across someone who makes your day with their thoughtfulness.  While we were setting our DS up in his unit recently, we came across a lounge suite on Gumtree that was free.  The owners wouldn't accept any payment for it, they just wanted to help someone out that needed some furniture. And you know what?  It's really a great lounge suite!

I knew straight away that I would send the these lovely people a card and some Instant Scratch-its as a small measure of our thanks.




I've been playing with the gorgeous January Cupcake Kit from A Piece of Cake Designs again,  and I've pulled more of the bright and happy colours from the My Mind's Eye Jubilee Tangerine collection for this card.




The background came together with some basic paper piecing.  I cut multiple 4 x 4cm squares in two different patterned papers and then cut each square in half on the diagonal.  I arranged them so that each triangle became part of a larger diagonal line.  I then stitched each straight and diagonal line on my sewing machine to give a quilted look.





I've used the Hello 2015 design by Polka Dot Creative from the Digital Store, love Jodie's scripting!  I've cut the heart in white cardstock on my Cameo, then coloured it using the Mango Gelato from the kit.  I've adhered it to the card base and then stitched around it a couple of times in orange thread.  Because there are some fine areas on the heart, it stitches more easily when it's adhered to a solid base.




To pretty up my little parcel I used patterned papers from the kit to add a liner to the envelope, and a gift card holder to house the Instant Scratch-Its.



You'll find a bunch of envelope liner tutorials on Pinterest, and they are really quite simple to do but add that extra personal touch.  I used a corner rounder at the top to get a clean, straight curve without any stray scissor cuts.



You'll also find plenty of gift card holder templates on Pinterest.  I found one that I liked and resized it so that it fit my Instant Scratch-Its perfectly.  

A couple of embellishments and a sentiment using the Webster's Pages woodgrain Little Letter Stickers from the kit and it looks as cute as a button!



Now I just need to write a message of thanks in my card, pop in a photo I snapped of the three boys on their new lounge suite, and send this little parcel off in the post!

Thanks for dropping by today,



No comments:

Post a Comment