Tuesday 20 June 2017

Jumping in to Traveller's Notebooks!

I've been watching the growing interest in traveller's notebooks in the scrapping community for a little while, and lately have been really wanting to make a start on this different type of album.

I really love their size overall, and that each layout is in such a small format (about 11.5 x 21.5cm).

You may have seen my post on Instagram a couple of weeks back sharing my two favourite purchases from the Brisbane Scrapbook Expo... some traveller's notebook supplies from Michelle at The Samp Spot, and lots of gorgeous papers and embellishments from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.




I had a little time to play on the weekend and have created a cover for my notebook.  This album will be just for layouts about me and my two sisters.  I don't plan on finishing it front to back straight up, but will be able to come back to it and add another sisters' layout whenever I feel like it!




A little insight to the name of the album - our sisters' Facebook group is called Sisterhood, so this is just a play on that, Sisterhood Memories!  




I haven't read too much about what adhesives other crafters are using in their traveller's notebooks, but for me I just used some Glossy Accents and made sure it was smoothed right to the edge of the notebook when adhering the patterned paper for the cover.  I didn't fold any extra paper over the edges, just trimmed it to match the size of the cover.



And so that's a start on my faux Midori traveller's notebook!  I just need to add some journalling to my first layout inside and can share that as well.

If you're already an experienced TNer I'd love to hear any tips, tricks or your fave techniques for these sweet little albums!

Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment