Wednesday 25 April 2018

Traci Reed Designs Mini Album Part 1

Hi Friends!

Today is release day for Traci Reed Designs over at the Sweet Shoppe Designs shoppe

Get ready to celebrate, because today's release is called A Hullabaloo For You!  This bright and cheery collection is birthday themed, and is just one big bunch of happiness.  I usually lean towards pastel tones, but as soon as I started creating with this collection I just felt inexplicably happy, the colours in the collection are just so beautiful, vibrant and happy.


Traci is updating and re-releasing some of her very favourite collections at the moment into travellers notebook editions.  But, she's also included full 12 x 12 papers as well as the TN sized papers, so really you can use these collections for any paper crafting project you'd like.


For this project I've made a mini album celebrating my daughter's 18th birthday.  The basic shape of the mini is a tag, and I've used a cut file saved in my Silhouette library and cut base tags in both patterned papers and white cardstock.



While I had my Silhouette out I also cut the title in the hot pink quatrefoil paper. 


The scalloped circle is a die from my stash.  I ran it through my Cuttlebug on white cardstock, and backstitched in white embroidery floss around the inner edge.  Then I've used some dimensional adhesive to pop up the title and embellishments.


Once I'd finished the front cover it was time for some content.  This page is about being interactive and I created a pocket on the bottom tag to slip a couple of photos into.  I attached some ribbon as a tab to each of the photos. 


I popped in some strip journalling on the top tag and called this one done.


So I have this thing for polka dots, and for bunting. Kinda explains this page ha!  I've used a photo on one of the tags and added journalling on the other, and used some of the fun wrapped gift and party hat embellishments to finish each one.




One thing I've tried to achieve with this album is to not be restricted by the edges of the tags, and to let elements overhang the sides.  I love the extra dimension it gives!



This collection comes with pocket page cards as well as the papers and stickers, and the journalling cards come in super handy as a place to include journalling.  I think I resized the 3x4 cards just slightly in photoshop elements so they were a little smaller and fit my mini, and then typed my journalling before printing the card out.

And that's the first half of my mini using the re-released A Hullabaloo For You collection!  I had so much fun making this mini and can't wait to share the second half of it with you later this week.

Be sure to stop by the Traci Reed Designs shop to check this super fun happy collection out!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment