Saturday 5 May 2018

A Pocket Page Spread with Traci Reed Designs

Hi Friends!

I hope you have a bunch of fun plans for iNSD this weekend.  My jumping off point for the weekend is a pocket page spread using Traci Reed's Caroline collection.

Let me just say this collection is me all over.  The colour palette, the florals, the scripty fonts... I love every bit of it!


This is week six in my 6x8 album, and Kayci sent me a couple of photos that I wanted to get down as well as my own photos.  I also created an insert just to include more of the pretty papers and embellishments from the collection.  


If you're wondering what on earth 'three blue ducks' is about, its a restaurant we went to on our wedding anniversary weekend.  The card is a reservation card and it fit almost perfectly into the 2x2 pocket.


To make my title card this week I opened the png of this journalling card in photoshop elements, and added three separate lines of text to record the week number, the month and the days of the month that this week covers.  Then I used my eyedropper tool in photoshop to recolour each line of text with colours picked from the floral elements on the card.  


Oh my gosh, this rooster right!?  You know, just hanging in the middle of a restaurant...


The Caroline collection really lends itself towards lace and stitched elements.  I pulled a mini Prima doily from my stash for one of the insert pockets, and added a couple of French knots to the banner on another.


And some gold sequins for another pocket because, gold., and sequins., guys am I right?



The reverse of the 4x6 insert.


I added a banner element and some more French knots to this pretty filler card.


You can't see it in this photo but Kayci gave me this Doin' it for Dolly card a little while after the rodeo event that she and Benny attended to support a really important community cause.

I adhered some pretty lace as a tab with my tiny attacher and slid it in behind the photo. I love how I have a photo of the card at the event which was hundreds of kilometres away from where we live, and also have the physical card as a memento right here in my album. 

If you'd like to check out this collection you can find it over at Sweet Shoppe Designs in Traci Reed's catalogue.

Enjoy the festivities of iNSD, and I'll be back tomorrow with another share!






No comments:

Post a Comment