Friday 5 September 2014

Week 17 Project Life

It's been a while since I've posted a Project Life spread, and yes this one is from April, well late April (that sounds better right!)  So I'm a bit behind, but I'm grateful for the weeks that I am getting documented.

For this week's spread I've used The  Story of Us collection from Simple Stories.  Technically it's a wedding themed collection, but I was drawn to the black (read chalkboard), gold, florals and faded timber in the line.  I love how it turned out and don't think there's too much on my finished spread that looks really wedding related.

Here's the left side.



And the right.




My supplies were the 6x6 paper pad and two ephemera packs - the Bits & Pieces pack and the Insta Squares pack.  I also added some label stickers, alphas, brads, tags and envelopes from Simple Stories' DIY and Snap Studio lines.

Because I'm documenting a few months back, my separate Project Life diary that I've been keeping this year and my printed planning pages are coming in really handy.  I keep my Project Life diary on the sideboard in our dining room so it's really accessible, and every couple of days I'll jot down anything of note that has happened.

To make this filler card with the ampersand on the left below, I trimmed out one of the patterned papers to 3 x 4".  I then rounded the corners, added one of the 2" Insta Squares, and stitched a zigzag stitch in gold thread around the edge.




The kraft tags make a great journalling base and just slip straight into my trusty typewriter.





This gold doily from the ephemera pack is so sweet, and to make it go further I trimmed it in half and used it in two places on my spread.




I totally loved the patterned paper with a printed border, but being a 6 x 6" paper it wouldn't work with my 6 x 4" pocket.  To get around this I just trimmed a strip from the middle of the paper, making sure that there was enough left on the top and bottom pieces so that they would still join up.  Because it's a chalkboard paper I ran a black ink along the cut edge of the overlapping piece so the white core wouldn't stand out.  You have to look really closely to see the join.

To finish off the filler card I've backstitched a border in green embroidery thread around a 3 x 3" Insta Square, folded over two diagonal corners and secured them with brads, and finally added some punched flowers in the same corners and layered over a few sequins for the flower centres.




Week 17 was our three day working week, Monday was Easter Monday and Friday was Anzac Day.  We spent time on the beach, Brent marched in a local Anzac Day march, and Greg & I did a short bush walk into one of our local parks with a waterfall...until we were eaten by mozzies lol.

In other more recent news in August I turned 40.  I've been dreading it literally for years and I'm definitely not at ease with it yet, but there's not much I can do about it now is there!?  My family and friends totally spoiled me and I had a great day.  I even talked Greg and Kayci in to a little photo shoot in the afternoon down on the beach.  The colours of the late afternoon were so pretty!




I have so much to be grateful for I guess clicking over another decade isn't really the end of the world is it?  Here's to the next 10!

Thanks for stopping by,









Products Used:
Simple Stories | The Story of Us | 6x6 Paper Pad
Simple Stories | The Story of Us | Bits & Pieces
Simple Stories | The Story of Us | Insta Squares
Simple Stories | DIY | Tag Foundations
Simple Stories | DIY | Office Envelope Foundations
Simple Stories | DIY | Labels Stickers
Simple Stories | DIY Boutique | Decorative Brads
Simple Stories | Sn@p Stickers | Letters

No comments:

Post a Comment