Wednesday 16 July 2014

New Kit for Daisy Chain Scrapbooks

Okay you guys, I'm making an effort to get back to blogging more regularly, and hopefully I can make it part of my daily (well, at least weekly) routine.

I'm excited to share this layout with you today because it's a brand new kit I've designed for Daisy Chain Scrapbooks, and is in stock right now in store.



This kit features October Afternoon's Daily Flash | All Boy collection, which is an adorable boy-themed line.  Some of my favourite patterns in the collection are the woodgrain, anchors and moustaches - very, very cute.

These photos are of my cousin Amanda's little boy, Samuel, and are from a fun afternoon at Richmond in Tasmania last October.  You can't see it in these photos, but Samuel just had to bring Amanda's oversized old handbag with him and did an awesome job of carrying it around all afternoon.  We joked he was wrangling the man bag haha.




Because this is a kit layout I wanted to include some 'generic' journalling that would apply to pretty much any little boy's photos, so I chose a fun Dr Seuss quote and turned it into some hybrid journalling.  Part of the quote is printed on white cardstock, with the remaining words filled in with alphas, and then stitched over.




I've used the Epiphany Crafts Tool to make a personalised flair button from one of the patterned papers and layered with some punched, stamped and fussy cut shapes to form a cluster here.




Then I printed some hand lettering in black India Ink in a style to match the cartoon 'Zap!'  Once dry the word BAM! is fussy cut and clustered with one of those sweet moustaches and some alphas.




And the bonus card features my three favourite patterned papers as well.  A clean and simple masculine card (and what man wouldn't want to be awesome)!

Have you tried using quotes or lyrics as journalling on your layouts recently?  I'd love to hear which ones you've used.

If you'd like one of these kits complete with full instructions and everything you need to make the layout (sewing thread and regular consumables e.g. adhesives not included) get in touch with Barbi at Daisy Chain Scrapbooks and she can hook you up today.  Barbi is more than happy to mail any purchases to you.

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment