Wednesday 7 June 2017

The End of the Rainbow!

This week I've done something I don't often do, and that's cover just one event for the week... but it was a pretty momentous event, with our daughter graduating from uni!  It really does feel like she's reached the end of a rainbow.

Brent travelled to be there to share Kayci's big day, so all four of us were together and it was a great opportunity for some family photos.



Believe it or not Brent and I actually did not plan coordinating outfits at all ha!

One of the stamps in the April Citrus Twist Kits Pocket Life kit was the "End of the Rainbow". So fitting for this spread!  I've just stamped it right over the cloud and rain filler card.




This is the spread from the other side of the insert.




To create this custom filler card I've trimmed out a tag from white cardstock and embossed it with a Dear Lizzy embossing folder from my stash.  Then layered up some patterned paper, tulle, an ephemera piece and puffy sticker from the kit.  

By the time I remembered I wanted to add some twine to my tag I'd already stitched it down... so that wasn't going to happen haha.  But I just compromised, tied a bow and adhered it to the top of the tag with some glossy accents. You'd never know my little mistake right?!




I just get so excited if I find a pretty bicycle in a collection!  This one from Dear Lizzy's Lovely Day ephemera pack is so super cute (did you know this ephemera pack has ROSE GOLD foil pieces... yumm!!!).  The bicycle was too big to fit on my 3x4 card so I just trimmed off what didn't fit.




Some more perfect elements to suit Kayci's graduation no?  The Life's Dream stamp and Big News puffy sticker are just perfect phrases this week.




And finally I had a bit of fun layering up this filler card with some ephemera pieces and tags, and that wraps up week 14!

Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment