Thursday 25 May 2017

TC Debbie & Other Stories

I always love the start of a new month, because that means the start of new kits hurrah!  I especially love the Dear Lizzy ephemera pack in the Citrus Twist Kits Add On kit this month.  







Just look at that sweet little bunny from the Dear Lizzy ephemera pack.. he fits perfectly over the text on this journalling card!  




I've used one of my favourite free fonts (called Digs My Heart) to document my dates for this week, and just added that as a tag over one of the filler cards from the Pocket Life kit.







To add a little detail to this journalling card I fussy cut a gorgeous swimsuit from one of the 6x6 patterned papers, and layered it together over some gold Colorshine and some other little elements.




My favourite thing to do with my PL is to put together hand-made filler cards.   So... I might have 'edited' a couple of ephemera pieces to make this card, but I love how it turned out!



The biggest news around our state this week was Tropical Cyclone Debbie. She caused a whole lot of damage to a lot of areas.  I took a screenshot of an image put up by our weather bureau and edited it to be black and white.  You can see that the cyclone covers the whole east coast of our state (Queensland), which is approximately 6,900km, or 4,300 mi in length (we do things BIG down here in Australia ha!)

Thankfully we escaped without too much damage where we are, but yes we were the lucky ones.  TC Debbie ended up sticking around for a few weeks and impacted New Zealand and even some other countries in a big way as well.

Thanks for stopping by today!




No comments:

Post a Comment