Wednesday 23 May 2018

God Bless The US - Memorial Day - A Travellers Notebook Spread

As an Aussie girl, when I think of honouring the armed forces of our country, I naturally think of the ANZACs (Australia & New Zealand Army Corps), and the more recent serving men and women of Australia, who I personally think don't get the acknowledgement they should.

When we visited Hawaii in December 2017, Pearl Harbour was high on our list of places to experience.  What surprised me about our time here was not just learning about the attack in 1941, but to really witness and feel the pride and appreciation that American citizens have for their serving men and women.  It wasn't uncommon for example for someone wearing a veteran cap to be approached by a complete stranger who would thank them for their service.  This really isn't something that happens in Australia, and the emotion and pride was so palpable.


So with the release of the God Bless The Us - Memorial Day traveller's notebook collection from Traci Reed, it was the perfect opportunity to document our visit to Pearl Harbour and this experience from a different country to ours.


Patterned papers are a base for both sides of this spread, and I have to tell you I was so, so excited to see the beautiful whitewash woodgrain in this collection!


I've used one of the 3x4 cards on the left side with a fussy cut flower from my favourite paper from the collection.  When you purchase this collection, you'll get both TN sized papers and 12x12 papers, so my tip is that the patterns on the 12x12 papers are at a larger ratio, so will be bigger than on the TN sized papers.

I've printed out the flower paper that I wanted to fussy cut from the 12x12 paper rather than the TN sized paper, because the flowers on the TN sized paper were too small for how I wanted to use them on this spread.


To frame my photo I've layered some papers from the collection, then embellished with more fussy cut flowers and a snippet of one of the bunting printable elements.



I added some journalling strips and a date stamp to to the bottom of the page and called this one done!

Be sure to check out God Bless The US - Memorial Day over at the Sweet Shoppe Designs shop.  This collection is definitely versatile and has so many papers that can be used in both patriotic and non-patriotic projects.

Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment