Wednesday 9 May 2018

Week 8 Pocket Page Spread with Word 2 Ur Mutha

Hi Everyone!

Today I have a pocket page spread using the gorgeous Word 2 Ur Mutha travellers notebook collection that is being released over at the Traci Reed Designs shop today.

This collection is a super fun and sassy Mother's Day collection, and includes phrases like 'Straight outta Carpool' and 'World's Okayest Mother'.  Us mums can totally relate to that right!?

I decided to use it for a weekly spread that isn't Mother's Day themed, and you can see there's just so many elements in the collection to create with, even when you're not working on a Mother's Day project.


This week the boys in our family went to a rugby league football game in the city but at the last moment the weather turned on them and they had two choices, either get completely drenched in the torrential downpour to get to the stadium, or borrow the only available umbrellas, that just happened to both be hot pink (and yes, walk through the city with them).  Too funny! Of course I had to get this story in my album.


I've trimmed one of the 12x12 patterned papers and one of the 6x4 cards down in photoshop to 3x4 inches, and isolated one element of a larger design that I wanted to use.  In this case it was the woodgrain in the title card and the grid paper in both of the journalling cards.  I love being able to do this with digital kits.




I've fussy cut some of the gorgeous floral elements to use in my title card.  I layered two of them behind the label so that it looks like one larger element, and then added a smaller piece on the lower right side for balance.


This week we really did get a lot of rain.  I took a screenshot on my phone of a rain radar from our Australian weather service and included it this week. 




This tag originally read 'Mommin Like a Boss', so I trimmed off 'Mommin' to make it fit my story of our culinary adventures.


I a huge fan of banners, and love that most of Traci's collections will feature a banner element. I absolutely adore this one, and trimmed it down to fit a little shaker element I created.

Be sure to stop by Traci's shop to check this collection out if you're looking to create a mother's day project, or if like me you just adore the colours and elements and want to create a non-themed layout.

Thanks for stopping by today!




No comments:

Post a Comment