Wednesday 14 November 2018

All The Thanks For This | TN Spread

Hi Everyone!

It's been a hot minute since I've posted here, but I've still been creating projects and sharing them over on my Instagram account.  I'd love to connect with you over there where I share everything I'm up to in between my posts here.



Today I'm sharing a TN spread that I've created for Traci Reed Designs using her brand new collection, All The Thanks For This.  This collection is super pretty with a beautiful colour palette and so many elements to it (of course I couldn't go past the florals).  It does have a nod towards a Thanksgiving theme, but there are so many options in the collection that you can easily create non-themed projects with it.


I've also used the October/November sketch from Wei Wei's Love to Scrap on TN Challenge.  This is the sketch and I've stuck pretty closely to it.  If you're a TN scrapper and want to check her challenges out, you can find all the details on Wei Wei's blog here.


I pulled together the smaller photos for the left page in Photoshop Elements.  I resized each one to 1.5in x 1.5in and then added them onto a 6x4 canvas, leaving some space for a white border between each of them.  Once I printed the 6x4 canvas I trimmed it to 3.25in square to leave a white border around the outside, and matted it with the woodgrain paper from the collection.  


I've been using digital/hybrid elements for a little while now, but I've never been able to master the combination of using printer registration marks and the offset tool to cut my ephemera pieces out using my Silhouette.  But... I've seen a couple of great tutorials lately and I'm super happy to say finally it worked for me!  One YouTube video I can definitely recommend if you're trying to master this yourself is this one by Dearly Dee. I'm so, so happy with how these pieces look after being cut using this method on my Silhouette!


The right page is for a larger photo,  a flower cluster and some strip journalling.  I love how uncomplicated TN spreads can be.



I added some teeny tiny seeds that look like they're falling in the wind to the top of the right page, and called this spread done.

Thanks for stopping by today, and be sure to stop by Traci's shop at Sweet Shoppe Designs to check out this gorgeous new collection, All The Thanks For This.




No comments:

Post a Comment