Thursday 26 April 2018

Traci Reed Designs Mini Album Part 2

Hi Friends!

Today I'm sharing the second half of my mini album created with the latest release from Traci Reed Designs, called A Hullabaloo For You.

If you missed the first half of this mini don't despair!  You can still catch it over here on this post. But a quick roundup of the story so far is that I've made a tag mini album to celebrate and record my daughter's 18th birthday.  And of course this super fun happy collection is the perfect one to document it with!


I'm loving shaker pockets and shaker elements in general at the moment.  This one was put together with a scalloped circle in the gorgeous red and white polka dot paper straight layered with dimensional adhesive straight over the white cardstock base.  I used packaging from some other scrapbooking supplies for the see-through top element to hold my glitter in place.


This makes a perfect bench for the cake sticker to sit.


I used my WeRMemoryKeepers frame punch board to trim an Instax-style frame for my photo to sit in on this page.  Kayci was throwing star sequins in this photo, so the little decoration sticker elements were an awesome embellishment for this page.


I used one of the 3x4 horizontal cards as a major element on this page.  I love that it overhands the sides of the tag and is just so bold.


I've used a full set of balloons here, but that's okay, because when you're using a digital/hybrid collection, you just go ahead and print out another set as you need it! 


The journalling for this page is printed on another one of the 3x4 cards and then I've tucked one of the stickers under the the bottom of it.

The 'let's eat cake' sticker was meant for this photo right!?




Ahh, so again with the shaker pocket ha!  This time I used a spare tag as a template and cut out two tags in vellum, and stitched around the two sides and bottom in a zig zag stitch on my sewing machine.  I actually tipped a WHOLE BAG OF SEQUINS into this pocket eep!!  And then stitched up the top so they were secure and couldn't escape.




This little heart has some hidden journalling inside.  To make my paper double-sided I printed first one side with a patterned paper design and then flipped it in my printer and printed the other side with a plain paper design.  Then I die cut my paper into the heart shape.  The important thing to remember here is to use a symmetrical shape so that it folds in half nicely.

I stitched some ribbon and trim together on my sewing machine and adhered it around the centre of my heart, and then stitched a button in embroidery thread to act as a closure for the yellow bakers twine as it winds around the button.


And to the back of the mini.   I used a scalloped die to cut some of that pretty yellow plain paper and then layered some torn patterned paper, and a banner and wrapped gift sticker from the sticker sheet.


I hope you enjoyed a quick tour through this mini, I had so much fun making it and playing with this gorgeous collection A Hullabaloo For You!

If you haven't seen the full collection yet be sure to pop by Traci's shop over at Sweet Shoppe Designs to check it out!

Thanks for stopping by today xo






No comments:

Post a Comment