Wednesday 13 June 2018

Dad Jokes!

You guys I can't even tell you how much I LOVE the puns in this new traveller's notebook collection from Traci Reed.

You're kind of a big dill (ha!)
Olive You (aww!)
You're Off'Fish'Ally the Best Dad (bless!)

This collection is perfect for Father's Day projects, but also for any male projects.  I've made a card today that could be used for Father's Day, or a male birthday, or just as a thank-you!


I've used one of the more neutral papers for my background, and die cut a tag from that beautiful rich woodgrain.  Then layered a piece of the diamond paper from the collection (which totally reminds me of a sweater pattern!) before starting with some smaller embellishments.


My tip for today is to use elements in a collection in a different way than they were designed for.  I printed the bunting flag from the embellishment sheet, but trimmed out just two of the flags and then turned them upside down as another part of my layering, and I loved how they added to the overall design!


And the hero of the card, the pickle jar embellishment with the sentiment 'You're Kind of a Big Dill' bahaha.  Sooo adorable!!

Thanks for stopping by today guys, and be sure to check out the Dad Jokes collection at Sweet Shoppe Designs for all of your Father's Day projects, or as an awesome male oriented collection.

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment