Thursday 28 June 2018

Project Life with Studio Calico

Earlier this week I realised I had a spread that I hadn't shared yet.  It's waaaay back near the start of 2018, but it's one of my favourites for the entire year so I couldn't not share it right?


This spread uses the Studio Calico February 2018 Candyland Documenter kit, and I also grabbed the 6x8 paper pad they had on offer that month as well.  If you've been following me for a while you'll know that I use patterned paper and embellishments a lot in my pocket page spreads as well as PL cards.


This week I had a fair few photos because Brent and Soph visited us, and we did a bit of a bushwalking and went out for lunch over the weekend.  I've added a 3x8 insert to the centre of the spread with a square photo at the top of each side, which leaves plenty of space for journalling on the rest of the 3x8 insert.




When you're working with PL cards, even 3x4 cards, don't be afraid to cut them up to use bits and pieces of them.  Here I was able to trim down the salmon pink card with gold foil dots to add as an accent to my 3x8 insert.





I'm such a clean and simple scrapper these days and rarely pull out my mists, but I knew this 3x8 insert needed a little something extra.  I really love how much the extra colour changes up this card.  Note to self... pull out my mists & paints more often ha!




I'm glad I did eventually get to share this spread.  Like I said it's one of my favourites for the year so far and it makes me want to order a new kit from Studio Calico... hmm

Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment