Wednesday 18 July 2018

Week 13 Project Life with Clique Kits

Hi everyone!

I'm popping in today with another Project Life share.  It feels good to be almost in the mid-teen weeks of the year and catching up a little.

This week I've used supplies from my July Clique Kits main kit.  The kits this month are called Regatta, and have a bright and happy colour palette based around all things nautical.



I always love when I add an insert into a spread, even in this smaller format.  I had a few extra photos this week so that's what I did!


I've used a couple of different journalling techniques on these two journal cards.  Just because you're doing a project life spread doesn't mean you need to use a project life designed card.  The card on the left has strip journalling that I've added some dimension to with machine stitching, and the card on the right is as simple as trimming a smaller piece of white cardstock to journal on, and adhering one of the sweet Freckled Fawn chipboard stickers to a corner.


I had some fun adding some layers to this filler card.  The dark pink label is an exclusive from the cut apart sheet that comes with the kit, but it was pretty short.  Since most of it was going to be behind the sun chippy anyway, I was able to trim the label in half and extend it out.  Sneaky huh?!


This is the full left side for the week.  I love a bold and simple title card, and this one is exactly that.  I created a hybrid card by printing the week and dates onto cardstock on my printer, and then die cut the frame shape.  The Amy Tangerine faux suede bow is super cute and just adds that finishing touch!


And the back side of the spread.




The same journalling card technique that I used on the left side of the spread, I've used again on the right.  This gives balance and cohesiveness to the spread.


I had so much fun with this one, and it's definitely up there as one of my favourites of 2018.  Thanks so much for dropping by today!





No comments:

Post a Comment