Thursday 5 July 2018

Project Life | Week 11 2018

A few months ago I cancelled my subscription to Citrus Twist Kits.  

I'd been a subscriber since 2015 and have always loved the variety of product in their Pocket Life kit, but since they've switched to in-house design of papers and embellishments, I found the kits really weren't a great fit for me any more.  

If you follow me on Instagram you'll know that I'm currently an Ambassador for Clique Kits and even though they don't have a dedicated Project Life kit, I've been absolutely loving using their main kits to make project life spreads and I've loved how every single one has come together.

But, some days I just want a good old project life card.  And that led me to trying out Hip Kit Club's June 2018 Project Life kit, and here's my first spread with it!


I'm not super happy with it, but everyone has one of those days right?!  The photo of my son wasn't great quality to start with and the background was really bright compared to the rest of the picture.  I edited it as best I could and even turned it into a black and white (which always helps right?!), but it still wasn't awesome.  Then I decided to try an ombre overlay which I was really happy with, but once it's on the page it just doesn't work.  Buuutt... moving on!


The Friday tag for this journalling card was cut from another one of the project life cards, trimmed and stitched, and the title card is one of the 3x4 cards from the kit, with the week date stamped.  I have a date stamp that ran out of current years, so I cut off the year section of the stamp and now it comes in super handy when I only have a limited amount of space for dating.  Most times in PL it doesn't matter if the year is missing from your spread.


The right side of the spread is easily my fave.  For the 2x8 pocket I trimmed a piece of pattern paper to size and adhered some of the flower cluster ephemera pieces from Pretty Little Studio.  I overlapped the sides with them and trimmed the excess off so it still fit in my pocket.


I added a date stamp directly to my photo in this pocket.  Brilliance Moonlight White is an awesome ink to stamp straight onto your photos with, and credit to Dearly Dee for sharing this tip!


Loved putting this card together.  I fussy cut the label from the Pinkfresh Studio Sweet Life patterned paper and layered it with an ephemera piece and Saturday cut from the same 3x4 card from earlier.

And that's another week in the books!  I'm still pretty behind for 2018 but working on catching up.

Thanks for dropping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment