Tuesday 21 May 2019

Week 8 Project Life | Hip Kit Club

Hi friends!  This bright and fun project life spread was up on the Hip Kit Club blog over the weekend and I thought I'd pop in and share it here with you as well!

This spread uses the beautiful April Hip Kits, and stays true to my PL style, which is to use a combination of pocket page cards and some elements made with patterned papers and embellishments to really make any spread 'my own' if that makes sense.





 
I love the extra little challenges that we get with each DT project, and for me today that's to use a cut file, and to add some stitching and some sequins.  Can you spot each of those elements in my spread?



Okay, so I might have a slight addiction to shaker pockets.  I made this teeny tiny sequin-filled shaker pocket for one of my 3x4 cards, and added some hand stitching in embroidery thread as well.

I can't even tell you how much I love the Maggie Holmes charms in the April Embellishment Kit, and this one sits just below my shaker pocket, and is tied with some twine from my stash.



This awesome 3x4 journalling card from the Pocket Life Kit has journaling spaces from 1 to 7.  You could totally use that for the days of the week, but instead I used it to document our adventurous morning trying to see the effects of TC (Tropical Cyclone) Oma on our coastline.



My title card came together easily with February spelled out with the exclusive alphas that come with the Pocket Life Kit this month.  I also printed the days of the week out on my printer in an old fashioned typewriter font.



My favourite trick with Snapchat photos in a 3x4 card (since they're totally not 3x4 size) is to print them in their original ratio, which leaves a small strip on the side to add some journalling and/or embellishments.  The 'ta-dah' flag from the embellishment kit was perfect to make my home made pizza look pretty special ha!




If you're counting, the only challenge I haven't covered yet is to use a cut file.  But this rainbow and couple of clouds from the April Rainbow Kites freebie cut file was perfect to fit into a 6x4 custom card.

I cut the rainbow on my Silhouette in three coordinating colours, and then cut the clouds in white cardstock before backstitching just inside the edges with sky blue embroidery thread.

And that's my weekly spread done!  Thanks for stopping by today, and I'd love to hear if you ever incorporate any of these three elements onto your pocket page spreads.













No comments:

Post a Comment