Friday 23 August 2019

Fabulous Kauai | Travellers Notebook for Hip Kit Club

Hi friends!

Popping in today to share a tropical fun-filled traveller's notebook spread made with the July kits from Hip Kit Club. I love the exclusive Hello Summer elements in the kits this month and they're perfect for documenting one of my favourite photos from a holiday in Hawaii. 


My brief this week is to include cut files, mixed media and punches/dies. Since this is a spread about Hawaii my cut file decision was made easy, with the beautiful July Tropical Background. I cut it in white cardstock and highlighted some of the leaves by hand stitching along their stems. 


I created a mixed media background for the cut file by adding layers of Lindy's Gang sprays and Magical Shakers to some white cardstock that I had primed with clear gesso. 



The tag on the right page is repurposed packaging from some of the Pinkfresh Studio products in this months kit. 


To embellish my page I used so.many.flowers. from the exclusives, and fussy-cut a cluster from one of the pocket page cards in the pocket life kit. I used circle dies to add layers to the sub-title on the left page and an edge punch for more layers on the right page. 


I just love how summery & fun this spread feels, especially since here in Australia we're still in the middle of winter. Have a wonderful day everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment