Monday 19 August 2019

Sketch Challenge Card Version for Hip Kit Club

Hi friends!  This week over at the Hip Kit Club Facebook Group there's a sketch challenge with a twist.  We're creating cards for the weekly challenge, and incorporating cut files and fussy cut pieces. That's a lot going on right!?









This is the sketch, and I'm creating with the July kits.  The layered circles are a strong design element on this sketch, so I've searched through the back-catalogue of exclusive cut files to find some that are circular, or very similar to circular.



This beautiful geometric heart is a subscriber cut file from March 2019, and is part of the word 'Magic'.  In Silhouette Studio I separated the heart from the rest of the word, cut it once in white cardstock and then used the offset tool and cut it again in purple to create a kind of drop shadow or border for the white heart.  I fussy cut flowers from the black and white floral paper after colouring a cluster of them with the Lindy's Gang sprays from the July colour kit.  I simply mixed the Blue Hawaiian Blue and Hibiscus Rose sprays together to create two pretty shades of purple.



My second card features the Doily cut file which is a freebie cut file from March 2019.  I love a doily any day of the week, so I was excited to be able to use this one.  I resized it from 12x12 to just under 5 inches so that it would work for my card, and added some layered cardstock and patterned paper die cut circles to represent the layers in the sketch.   I again painted the black and white paper with sprays from the colour kit. 



The final card in the set uses the beautiful Laurel Wreath subscriber cut file from January 2019.    I first cut it in white cardstock and adhered it to the card, before stitching around it a few times in regular white thread on my sewing machine.

I painted and fussy cut some of the smaller flowers on the black and white paper, and some of the yellow and white daisies from the Echo Park Paper Co sunshine floral paper to adorn the wreath.

I have a process video on the Hip Kit YouTube Channel if you'd like to see how these cards came together.



I'd love to see you join in the sketch challenge this week, remember there's a gift voucher for the Hip Kits ship up for grabs!  Thanks for stopping by today guys xo




No comments:

Post a Comment