Wednesday 7 August 2019

Week 28 Project Life | Hip Kit Club

Hi friends!  Today I have a pocket page spread created for Hip Kit Club, with the July kits.  

I'm especially excited about the July Pocket Life kit because for the first time it includes 3x8 and 3x6 cards as well as the 3x4 and 6x4 that we usually see.


I love to add inserts into my 6x8 project life album, so I've definitely included one of the new 3x8 journalling cards this week.  It's on the reverse side of this insert, and I've printed a photo of our beach at 3x8 for the front side.

I added the 'its a beautiful day' rub on from 1 Canoe 2 that comes in the embellishment kit this month straight over my photo, and I love how that turned out!


Part of my brief this week was to use mixed media to alter the black and white flower paper that comes in the main kit, and also in the paper kit.  I fussy cut some of the beautiful flowers, then pulled out my trusty watercolours and painted them using a colour palette similar to elements in the Pinkfresh Studio Just a Little Lovely collection.  I also fussy cut and painted three extra flowers and layered them above my first flower cluster, popped up with foam tape.


I had two photos of my hubby and I on the beach with our Cavaliers, and to include them on one 6x4 pocket I printed them both at 2x3 and matted them on the Bazzill Wisteria cardstock from the Cardstock kit.  Since I journalled about these photos on the card above I didn't need to add too much detail to this card, and just layered a few ephemera pieces to the right of the photos.



This filler card came together so quickly with some Pinkfresh Studio patterned paper cut to size and an ephemera piece stitched with rose gold embroidery thread. To finish it off I adhered a Pinkfresh Studio puffy sticker from the Main kit.



This is a look at the the full spread with the reverse of my 3x8 insert. Since the 3x8 card had the title 'vacay' I really wanted to use it for the following week in my album (when we actually had a vacay ha!), but the colours worked really well for this spread, so I decided to use it and just cover up the word 'vacay' with some ephemera.  The 3x8 card really gives a lot of room for journalling, which is awesome in a 6x8 album.





I love adding bits and pieces to journalling and filler cards, and it was like this 3x4 card was made for that floral ephemera piece, it fit just perfectly!

Thanks for stopping by today guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment