Wednesday 26 April 2017

Happy People!

One of the tiny phrase stickers in February's Citrus Twist Kits scrapbook kit simply says "happy people".  This pretty much sums up this week for me.

As a mum of young adults, it makes me so proud of the bond that our kids have.  It's so easy to begin your own life as an adult and get a little out of touch with siblings.  But this week, Brent and his girlfriend Sophie made an epic road trip of 9 hours to visit Kayci in her new home town.  It means the world to me to have raised two beautiful happy people who are now sharing their lives with other happy people!



This is the last week for my February kits.  I'm actually a little OCD with my kits, and like to match up the kit months with my PL months.  So for example I use my February kits to document February. I've so loved this month's kits using the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection!




For this filler card I trimmed one of the 6x4 cards that came with the pocket life kit in half to make it a 3x4 card.  I've then used my fave new scrappy tool, my We R Memory Keepers frame punch board to create a 2.5 x 2.5" frame and then layered a tag, a piece of ephemera and a phrase from the cutapart sheet for my base, and then added some stitching and a few of the lovely sequins from the kit.




I love love this journalling card that says "be a little more you and a lot less them".  Always good to have a reminder to just be yourself!  I added one of the floral ephemera pieces to the top right corner after I printed my journaling out, and simply trimmed the overhanging pieces to fit the card.







The tags in the Chasing Dreams collection are just the sweetest!  I used this one to add detail to a 6x4 journalling card, and added some chipppy pieces and more sequins.  To create the negative "sweet" heart I backed a negative piece from the chipboard pack with some patterned paper, and then cut down one of the leatherette stickers which I wouldn't have otherwise used from the kit.  Once cut it fits perfectly into the little heart negative.

The lace is from my stash, and was tea-dyed for another project.

To be truthful, I'm kind of sad to pack February's kits away... but at the same time I can't wait to dive into March's kits!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!



2 comments: