Tuesday 16 April 2019

Sketch Challenge on a Travellers Notebook | Hip Kit Club

Hi friends!  Sharing my latest Travellers Notebook spread for Hip Kit Club today, and it's based on one of the fun HKC fun weekly sketches.  The sketch is for a 12x12 layout, but you know I'm a huge fan of adapting full size layouts to fit into a TN, right?!

I've used the beautiful March 2019 Pocket Life, Embellishment, Paper and Cardstock kits from Hip Kit Club in this spread.

Here's my take on the sketch, and I've also put the sketch prompt by the lovely Maija below it.










































My additional challenges for this project were to include stitching, and also pockets. Stitching was totally going to happen because I stitch on everything ha!  But given the design of the sketch and that it was downsized to a TN size, I had to think for a minute about how to incorporate the pocket.  The first thing I though of was a flip pocket, and that's what I went with!

Here you can see my two left banners... spot that tiny little pink tab at the bottom of the yellow banner?















Voila!  A teeny, tiny flip pocket with some layered embellishments and a fun sentiment.  I used some of the beautiful Doodlebug Designs gold washi tape from the embellishment kit to adhere the top and bottom parts of the pocket together.  You can see in this photo just how lovely and shimmery the gold of the washi is.  


I decided to go with a tone on tone effect for each of the banners, and used the amazing Prima Art Alchemy Opal Magic acrylic paints that came in the February Colour kit for the pink, green and yellow banners.  I mixed a blue shade from my watercolour set to match with the blue banner.  Then I splattered behind where each of the banners would sit.


I fussy cut some butterflies from one of the Maggie Holmes Sunny Days collection papers and layered them together, to represent the large splatters on the sketch.

My title was cut from one of the cards in the Pocket Life kit and follows the placement of the title in the sketch.


All that was left to do then was to play with some tone on tone embellishing.  I had so much fun layering together different elements from the kits here.  There are pieces from the Crate Paper chipboard sticker sheet, Crate Paper stickers, exclusive Hip Kit puffy stickers and the Hip Kit sticker sheet, and they all work just perfectly together.

Be sure to stop by the Hip Kit Club Facebook member group to play along with their weekly sketches, they're a bunch of fun and there's  $10 voucher for the HKC shop up for grabs each week.

I'd love to hear if you enjoy playing along with sketches or not, I definitely have a newfound love for them since I've joined the HKC team.

 Thanks for stopping by today xo









No comments:

Post a Comment