Monday 8 April 2019

Sunshine & Having Fun! | Traveller's Notebook for Hip Kit Club

Hi guys!  I'm popping in to share my latest traveller's notebook spread for Hip Kit Club today, and it's my first with the beautiful March kits.


When I saw the entire pack of Heidi Swapp Color Fresh ephemera in the Pocket Life kit this month, a grid style layout with lots of detail came to mind.  SinceI'm working in my traveller's notebook, I can make just one side a grid style, and use a traditional style on the other side.





The first step was to measure out my grid in approximately 2x2 inches square.  I say approximately because each side of my TN measures 8 in x 4.25 inch.  But really you can't even tell that one side of each square is a tiny bit bigger than the other.

I used my favourite trick when it comes to hand stitching, which is to run my page through my sewing machine with no thread.  This makes really evenly spaced holes that are so easy to hand stitch.

I used a beautiful golden yellow embroidery thread in a backstitch to define my grid pattern.


Once I had that finished I had a bit of fun placing elements together on the page, some entered on their grid piece, some overlapping the edges.

I also created a little 2x2 inch pocket as an interactive element.

The left side came together really quickly with my photo and a few layers of patterned paper behind, it.  Then I added my title and a few extra pieces of ephemera and finished this side off with some gold Doodlebug Design jewels from the Pocket Life kit, and some strip journalling.


I really love how bright and happy this spread turned out! If you haven't checked out the March Hip Kits yet you still have time to over at the HKC website.

The April kits are almost ready to ship as well so be sure to have a look at those while you're over there.

Okay guys, I'm kind of excited and kind of petrified.... but I have my very first Youtube Video up tonight on my channel, and it's a walkthrough of this layout.  Hopefully my next video will be a process video, but baby steps right!?  Here's a link if you're interested in checking it out, and if you'd like to keep up to date with my latest projects and videos, please subscribe while you're over there.

Thanks for stopping by today!




No comments:

Post a Comment