Sunday 28 April 2019

Week 7 2019 & 3 Tips to Tweak Your Pocket Life Kits | Hip Kit Club

Hi friends!  Do you ever work with a project life kit and wonder how you can add you own personal touches to your pocket page spreads? I'm working with the beautiful March 2019 Pocket Life Kit from Hip Kit Club today, and I'm sharing a few ideas how to add your own individual touches to your pocket page spreads without needing to reach for additional items.

Here's my Week 7 for 2019, and I'm using just the March 2019 Pocket Life kit with nothing extra.  (Okay... you got me... I did use a bit of white cardstock and some thread from my stash.. but that's it I promise!)




My first tip is to remember that you can use the project life cards in a different way than they come to you.  For my title card this week I used some border punches and chose four coordinating cards and some white cardstock to punch a series of strips.  

Then I pieced them together like patchwork.  Finally I stitched along some of the punched strips in a silver metallic thread.  This creates a lot of visual texture without being too bulky, and we all know that's important when it comes to fitting cards into those pocket pages!







My second tip is to keep an eye out for elements that are easy to turn into a focal point for your weekly title.  The quickest and easiest thing to look for is a label, but today this beautiful wreath puffy sticker really caught my eye.  It provides the perfect place to record the week and date details, and some definition to separate it from the rest of the card.








My third tip is to make use of the ephemera pieces, especially the larger ones, to create your own simple filler cards.  

I layered this super cute rainbow over a banner made from white cardstock with a stitched border, and all I needed to add to finish it off was a heart puffy sticker.  

Remember even on project life spreads it's good to give your eye somewhere to rest without having the entire spread being really busy.

Thanks for joining me today and I hope I've given you some inspiration to personalise your Project Life spreads.  

I have a process video for this layout up on my YouTube channel today, it's my first process video so I'm scared and excited and all those emotions right now!  You can check it out here.



If you've been creating PL spreads with your Hip Kits be sure to share them over in the Hip Kit Member Forum on Facebook, I'd love to see some of your Project Life spreads over there!






No comments:

Post a Comment