Friday 14 June 2019

Pretty Card Trio | Hip Kit Club

I love putting together card sets, so I was really excited to create these three for Hip Kit Club this week.  



I pulled a mini-kit of supplies from the May 2019 kits so that I could create cards that were coordinating, but each still have their individual design.  I used mostly the Pinkfresh Studio Joyful Day papers that have beautiful floral elements on them, and reached for the amazing fabric bows from the Main Kit, and paper tassels and sequins from the Embellishment Kit.



I started with a pretty dress from the Clothes Line subscriber cut file for this card, cut in pink cardstock, and backed it with papers before adding a tiny pink fabric bow.  I love how the floral paper really looks like a gorgeous floral dress.


I used layers of patterned paper and edge punched cardstock for the background, and added a shaker element underneath an embroidered frame, and rather than topping it with acetate or plastic, used some tulle from my stash.  It kinda gives it a textured and feminine look!


My second card started with me cutting a few flowers from the Daisies subscriber cut file, and I resized them so that I had a range of steadily decreasing diameters to really show off a lot of layers on the flower.

A couple of paper tassels and some thread and ribbon from my stash add just a little more to this simple design.


My final card features the Go Girl sentiment from this month's freebie cut file, and I cut it once in pink cardstock, then used the offset tool in Silhouette Studio to create a slightly larger white layer background behind it, which really makes it pop against the busy background.  

I created a simple tag from patterned paper and backed it with white cardstock as well, with a pretty scalloped border at the bottom of it.

There's also a process video for these cards up on the Hip Kit Club YouTube channel, and you can find that here.




Thanks for stopping by today guys, and I hope I've inspired you to use cut files on your cards today!




No comments:

Post a Comment