Wednesday 12 June 2019

Sketch Challenge in a Traveler's Notebook | Hip Kit Club

Hi friends, this past week I was able to play along with the weekly sketch challenge for Hip Kit Club, which is always so much fun!

I totally recommend joining in over on the Hip Kits Facebook Group (did you know there's a $10 gift certificate up for grabs each week!?)


This is the awesome sketch by DT member Christina, and I'm loving all the circle elements to this sketch.



And here's my take on it in my traveler's notebook, using the May Hip Kits.  I used five different sized circles, and placed my photo inside one of them.

This spread is about an amazing breakfast we had at a cafe called Operator 25 in Melbourne.  The food (and coffee) there is so, so good, and their theme is based around an old fashioned telephone switchboard.




I added some very gentle mixed media to the page before I went too far, mixing just a tiny amount of the Alpine Ice Rose Lindy's Magical Shaker with some texture paste, and adding it through a stencil that was in the colour kit a couple of months ago.

Of course I had to use one of the super sweet fabric 3D bows from the May main kit, and I pulled a few embellishments to place around the spread that tied in with the switchboard and cafe themes, like the mobile phone, the hello speech bubble, and a take away coffee cup.


Before I had a chance to even see these sky blue thickers from the May Pocket Life Kit in person, the lovely Shimelle told me she was in love with the dark blue foam that backs them.  And she's absolutely right, they are so, so sweet.

Thanks for stopping by today guys, I hope I've inspired you to use some circles on your layout today, or maybe even to document a recent visit to a favourite cafe!











No comments:

Post a Comment