Tuesday 25 June 2019

Hopes & Dreams Mini Album | Hip Kit Club

Hi friends!  Today I have a sweet mini album created for Hip Kit Club, filled with positive affirmations for those days when you need to be reminded of your hopes and dreams.

I wanted this mini to look like a book, so I scoured my local vintage bookstore and found the perfect small hardcover book, which I removed the pages from.




Then I covered both the inside and outside with coordinating patterned papers from the May Hip kits, and a spine cover with a third paper.

The Hopes & Dreams sentiment is a clear sticker from the All Heart sticker book, that I've adhered to white cardstock and then fussy cut.



I'm a total sucker for pretty lace and stitching, and I love how well they match with the florals and silver glitter chipboard pieces on this page.





I've totally fallen in love with the fabric bows from the main kit this month, and what better way to finish this pretty wreath.




Adding interactive elements into my projects is something fun I like to do.  I used the rainbow paper to create a mini envelope and added a bow. Then I tucked one of my positive affirmations inside the envelope.





This is another interactive element I created by trimming a piece of coordinating paper to size, then using a circle punch to punch out a tab at the top of it.  To create a pocket to slip my sentiment into I just stitched it to the purple paper.



To create this interactive element I measured the width I wanted the banner piece to be, then added an extra 1/2 banner width.  I folded that extra width back on the banner before trimming the bottom of it.  This works so well with dual sided patterned paper because it creates an awesome contrast.  When I adhered the 'Hey Girl' chipboard over the top, I adhered it to the right side only so that it can flip up to the right.  You can see in this photo at the very top, I've also hole punched the flip up element, and snipped the top of it with my scissors so that it can fold out without having to open the album rings.  Here's a look at the inside.



Another way to create interactive elements is to pop a paperclip into your project and tuck extra elements behind it.  Here I've added one of the exclusive acetate butterflies and an ephemera piece.

If you've ever thought of creating a positive affirmation mini album I highly recommend it, I had so much fun searching through Pinterest to find these quotes, and I think it will be a beautiful album to flip through on those days when I might need a little reminder to follow my hopes and dreams.

Thanks for stopping by today guys!





No comments:

Post a Comment