Monday 15 July 2019

Celebration Card Set | Hip Kit Club

Hi friends! Today I have a fun celebration card set created for Hip Kit Club, that uses the June 2019 kits.



Whenever I make a set of cards I always try to have a similar theme or use similar products with all of them.  For this set I've used similar products on each one... can you spot them?...

They're the same alphas for the sentiments, the Amy Tan faux suede flowers, a frame, a stitched banner, circles punched from a little mixed media play, a postage stamp element, and a circle sticker turned into a round tag.  Whoa, I've actually surprised myself with everything on that list!



My first card is all about pastel pinks and greys, with pops of pomegranate (is that even a colour!?) I've combined the pretty holographic scripty phrase/word puffy stickers with a candy cane alpha from the Heidi Swapp sticker book to create my sentiment, and I love having a combination of two alphas in the one sentiment.

The grey frame is from Pinkfresh Studio and originally was a layered frame.  Since I didn't need all the extra bits I carefully unpicked the stitching holding the extra layers on, and then used some metallic gold thread to stitch over the holes left by the original stitching.  It doesn't look out of place at all, and  adds a little more sparkle and texture to the card.



My second card uses the same elements in a pastel orange and pink colour palette with pops of yellow.  You guys know I love shaker pockets and I couldn't help creating a shaker element on this one using the sweet green frame.



On my final card I flipped the frame so that it's vertically upside-down on my card.  This draws the eye to the darker colours at the top of the card, following down the cascading ephemera pieces to the sentiment.

I can't wait to give these celebration cards to someone, they're so bright and happy and fun!

There's also a process video for these cards up on the Hip Kit Club YouTube channel that you can find here:




Thanks for stopping by today guys!







No comments:

Post a Comment