Wednesday 31 July 2019

Traveller's Notebook - Here There & Everywhere | Hip Kit Club

Hi guys!

I have a new layout in my traveller's notebook today using the June kits from Hip Kit Club. The kits are so vibrant and full of colour this month, with lots of pretties from Vicki Boutin and Heidi Swapp.




I knew I wanted to use the 3x4 card from the Pocket Life kit that had a spot for journalling as well as that pretty pink tropical flower on it.  Even when I accidentally oversprayed it with a mixed media spray I still stuck with it ha!



I always like to print my journalling out on my printer, and set it out so that the text was justified on the right, which allowed me to make sure I didn't accidentally print over the top of that pretty flower on the top left of the card.



This project was for Mixed Media Monday and my brief was to create a plaid pattern.  I did this on the right page with the Lindy's Magicals from the June 2019 and May 2019 Colour kits.  Since my July kits with the stencil I was going to use hadn't quite arrived yet, I decided to just create my own in Silhouette Studio and cut it out.

I can tell you I had a LOT of fun with that!!



I used the semi-circle 'here, there & everywhere' sticker from the Heidi Swapp sticker book to pop above the journalling card, and backed both the journalling card and the sticker with some white cardstock to matt them.  It really helps to make them pop off the dark pomegranate paper of the background.





I love how this spread turned out, and that I was able to use a pocket page card on it as well.

If you'd like to see the process of how this one came together I have a video up on the Hip Kit Club YouTube channel that you can catch here.




Thanks so much for stopping by today guys, and enjoy the rest of your week!




No comments:

Post a Comment