Tuesday 2 July 2019

Week 13 Project Life | Hip Kit Club

Hi friends, today I'm sharing my last project created with the May kits for Hip Kit Club.

My project life spreads will usually include some patterned papers, but there are so many beautiful PL cards in the May Pocket Life kit that I didn't even need to reach for my patterned papers on this layout.




This week was our son's 22nd birthday and I have lots of photos of that.  He asked if I could make him Bao buns for his birthday dinner and I was so happy with how they turned out for my first time making them that I had to include a photo of one of them too hehe.



I used a beautiful floral 3x4 card as my title card this week.  I printed the 'week' text out on my printer, added a bow sticker from the Simple Stories sticker book and the pretty blue Shimelle Thickers for the week number.  I also picked out a few coordinating sequins to dot around the printed oval and adhered them with embroidered french knots in hot pink embroidery thread.






This 6x4 family photo had a lot of distracting colours going on in the background that didn't really fit with the rest of my spread so I converted it to a black and white image.  This is a really handy tip if you're finding it difficult to make your PL layouts cohesive.



As a happy little birthday themed element I made a flip pocket underneath my family photo.  I've cut the word Happy out on my Silhouette, which is one of the May cut files, added some texture paste through the stencil from the colour kit, and then added a wash of the Alpine Ice Rose Magicals from Lindy's Stamp Gang that was also in the colour kit this month.

Then I've pulled lots of happy, birthday themed stickers from the Simple Stories sticker book to place around the card.  I also stamped it with the date of our son's birthday.



The base of the 3x4 card on the bottom right comes very similarly to this one in the kit.  Truth is, I made a little boo boo on the white section but I still wanted to use it in the same way.  So I just trimmed the white part off the card that I made my mistake on, and backed the bottom left corner with some white cardstock instead.  I also added some hand stitching in a pretty yellow embroidery thread as a border.




I finished off the card with a few layered stickers and added a sequin with another cute french knot for the centre of the flower.

Thanks so much for stopping by today guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment