Tuesday 30 July 2019

Mini-Vacay Pocket Page Spread | Hip Kit Club

Hi friends!  After working in a 6x12 album for my project life for the first half of 2019, I've decided to switch back to a 6x8 for the second half.  I really liked trying the different size of the 6x12, but I've realised 6x8 really has my heart.  

A couple of things I love about it are that if there are weeks I have barely any photos it doesn't look out of place (and lets face it, I work full time and have no kids at home, so yes it happens); I love being able to add little 3x8 or 6x4 inserts as I go; and I really love having an album that almost feels like holding a book rather than a photo album.

So here's my second spread back in a 6x8 album (if you missed the first one you can find it on my Instagram account).  

This week we had a super-fun mini vacay day cruising our local waterways for a work party.  We had such a great time on a beautiful sun-filled winter day, so of course I used all the bright and happy colours from the June 2019 Hip Kit Club kits to document the week!




The colours from Heidi Swapp and Vicki Boutin that feature heavily in this month's kits as well as the gorgeous 3x4 and 4x6 cards in the Pocket Life kit work so well together.




I wanted to use this fun 3x4 card to list out 3 different things, and since we have 3 favourite afternoon walks to take with our two Cavalier King Charles pups, I listed all 3 walks on this card, and ticked the option we took on this Saturday afternoon.  I added the rest of my journalling, a sticker from the Heidi Swapp sticker book and a Vicki Boutin chipboard piece to the card and called this one done.




I used the Starburst Squares June 2019 exclusive cutfile, enlarged it to focus on just one of the starbursts, and cut it from white cardstock.  Then I used the offset tool in my Silhouette software and cut that piece in a turquoise patterned paper.  I layered those together over my  base patterned paper and stitched all of the starburst 'arms' with silver metallic thread on my sewing machine.

To finish the title card I adhered a circle label sticker from the Heidi Swapp sticker book over some white cardstock (I seem to be doing that a lot this month ha!), spelled out the month with alphas from the same book, printed the dates out on my printer and then added a couple of layers with stitching, quotation mark stickers, and then I pulled a gold paperclip from my stash, adhered a cute chipboard button and tied some lime green embroidery thread in a bow to make it super-cute.  The uneven backing to the label sticker is actually a Vicki Boutin flower ephemera piece that I turned upside down, and I love how the more freeform look to this shape turned out rather than using a regular circle.




My right page came together really quickly since most of the work was done for me with this gorgeous 'relax' 3x4 card, and a full 3x4 photo beside it.




This group photo wasn't looking awesome in colour after me pulling it from someone else's social media (also after their filters/edits), so I converted it to black and white and I think it worked really well.

Again I've layered the Heidi Swapp stickers on this 6x4 card over white cardstock to give them extra structure, and also to give the colours a little extra depth.

Thanks for stopping by today guys, I hope I've given you some inspiration to use your June Hip Kits in some pocket page spreads, or to use a cut file in a slightly different way than it may have been designed.





No comments:

Post a Comment