Tuesday 11 November 2014

A Family is Always & Forever - New Kit

Sometimes you'll see a paper collection and you'll know immediately which photo you want to scrap with it.  This totally happened for me when I saw the Webster's Pages Strawberry Fields collection.

My sister posted this photo of her with our Aunty on Facebook, and I loved it so much I had already saved it to my computer, knowing it was a special photo and I would scrap it one day.  And then the Strawberry Fields collection came along and it was meant to be!




This layout is my latest kit for Daisy Chain Scrapbooks and is now in stock.    It has lots of gorgeous fussy cut flowers, some stitching, some beautiful hand dyed lace and some pretty pearl flourishes to add that feminine touch.




I love love the timber panel background paper, so rustic!




The lace has been hand dyed a beautiful deep green so that it fits with the green foliage in the rest of the layout.




The chipboard word has been painted with a creamy lemon paint, with dabs of gesso applied randomly over that for a mottled effect.




And the pearls, they really do add a feminine touch to a layout don't they?  I've tucked them in amongst  the fussy cut flowers.  




As with all my kits for Daisychain, I use my leftovers to include a bonus card.  I don't like wasting any of the bits and pieces ha!

When making a card, if you find that you don't have a stamp that fits the sentiment you'd like, try printing it off on your home printer.  I used one of my favourite vintage typewriter fonts called Typical Writer (it's even a free font available at Fontspace.com), printed it on white cardstock, trimmed down and drew a border with a black pen and ruler - easy peasy!

If you'd like one of these kits you can contact the lovely Barbi at Daisy Chain Scrapbooks.  Daisy's are more than happy to send kits by mail if you can't make it in store (postage costs apply).

Thanks so much for dropping by today.




No comments:

Post a Comment