Sunday 31 March 2019

Hip Kit Club | Sketch Challenge in a Traveller's Notebook!

Hi friends, today I have a traveller's notebook spread to share using the beautiful February 2019 Pocket Life kit and February 2019 Paper Kit from Hip Kit Club!



I'm playing along with this week's fabulous sketch by Anke, and I've pulled the mixed media background and layered horizontal strip elements from it, as well as the diagonal placement of embellishments.  Since I'm working in a traveller's notebook I shifted the photo to the left side of my spread rather than leaving it in the middle.




For my background I mixed a coordinating yellow watercolour and applied it using the packaging method.  While that dried I cut strips of two patterned papers to sit behind my photo and roughed them up with my edge distresser.




I pulled some lace from my stash and cut it into lengths to layer over some of the paper strips.  I stitched these on my sewing machine using a zigzag stitch and I love the extra texture and softness it gives the spread.
The Pinkfresh Studio Adventure paper has cute phrases in a scripty font on one side, and the other has globes and asterisks on it.  I fussy cut a couple of words for my title, and grabbed two small circle punches to punch out some globes and asterisks to scatter across the page as embellishment elements.

Finally I splattered a little black watercolour to help the title pop, and added some journalling to a fussy cut label.
Now it's your turn!  Jump on over to the Hip Kits Facebook group and join in this week's sketch challenge!  Did you know there's a $10.00 HKC gift certificate up for grabs each week!?  Just look for the weekly sketch challenge post by the lovely Tanya.
Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope I've given you some inspiration for a layered traveller's notebook spread!


















No comments:

Post a Comment