Wednesday 29 August 2018

Hawaii Vacay Travellers Notebook Spread with Clique Kits

Hi friends!

Travellers notebooks have gained so much popularity in 2018 and it's no wonder, a spread can be finished in just a few minutes, they're pretty much a mini album (love, love mini albums), and they're just so sweet!  

Now there are oodles of card sketches and 12x12 sketches around these days, but not too many dedicated TN sketches yet, so today I'm showing you how you can adapt a 12x12 sketch to suit your TN spread.

The key to this process is that a TN when it's opened out, is more or less a square.  So all you need to do is take the 12x12 sketch, scale it down a little, and then split it down the middle.


So this is my TN spread, and just down below is the awesome Clique Kits August 2018 sketch.  First up you can see that this isn't a regular two-sided TN spread and it has definite cut line through the main part of the layout and my photo.  

To do this I cut two inserts from white cardstock trimmed to 8.25 in x 4.25in each.  Then I added some washi to the back to hold them together while I constructed my page.  When I was happy with it I ran it through my paper trimmer to re-form the two inserts, and added it to my TN.


The Clique Kits August Meadow TN kit includes 6x6 papers, so to stretch one paper from top to bottom of my TN (which is 8.25 in) I trimmed a shorter top strip and a longer bottom strip.  Since the photo area overlaps each side of the paper its super easy to cover up the missing piece.


Since this spread is about our last night on holiday in Hawaii last year, the world map ephemera piece was a great matt for my photo.  I embossed some vellum from my stash and layered it, as well as a die cut doily from white cardstock.


One of the kit papers is a page full of destination badges.  I was so excited to see this Hawaii one and new I had to use it.  I love the almost postage stamp edge to it, and fussy cut all.the.notches around the edge.


The Crate Paper Here & There word stickers from the kit were black and white, and didn't quite suit my spread so I chose these Vacay stickers as my title and set to altering them with my Bronze Metallic Sharpie pen.  They were a little streaky after one coat, but after three coats they look awesome!  So happy I tried this.



To finish off my spread I added some strip journalling true to the sketch, and called this one done.  I hope I've inspired you to try a 12x12 sketch in your travellers notebook, and be sure to check out the August Clique Kits sketch challenge, over on the Clique Facebook group.  We'd love to see your take!

Thanks for stopping by today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment