Wednesday 22 August 2018

Week 20 with Clique Kits


Hi everyone!

This month I've changed up my subscription from Clique Kits, and have transferred across to the Travellers Notebook Kit, (I was subscribed to the Main Kit before).  Here's a look at the kit this month.



Clique Kits really tailor the Travellers Notebook kit to smaller sized projects, and I just love how much they cram into them. Since my main two project focuses are project life and TN spreads, I think this will be a perfect fit for me.



The first project I've created with the kit is a spread in my 6x8 project life album.



I created my title card this week by trimming two of the patterned papers into a tag shape, stitching them together and using some ephemera pieces from the Crate Paper ephemera pack to add some more layers.  I'm always trying to change up my weekly title card, and this week spelled out the dates of the week rather than using numbers.   


This week included G's birthday and I made him his favourite chocolate cake.  Since he always chooses chocolate cake I try to change up the icing and toppers each year.  This year I made a white chocolate buttercream frosting and topped it with two flavours of Tim Tams... so delicious!

I really wanted some whitespace in this spread and the wander ephemera piece was just the right amount of detail to add to this card.  To add some texture I machine stitched it and rolled the top edge.


I used one of the envelopes to create an insert, printed some journalling on the postcard ephemera piece and then tucked it inside.  I also added the gorgeous white and gold planner pin to the side of the envelope.


This is a look at the right side behind the insert.  I'm not sure if you can read the journalling, but yes we did hike 17.5km on Saturday this week.  Call us crazy but it's so nice to get out and take a hike on weekends, since we both have desk jobs through the week.


I used some super old Basic Grey attach me stickers to add the insert to my album, but you can also easily do this with any old scraps of paper.




Whenever I'm using products that aren't necessarily created for PL in a PL spread, I'll make sure to grab any ephemera pieces that look like they'd be a good base for journalling, like this Travel Bucket List card.  


And that's my spread for the week.  I'm really happy with how this one turned out, and how well the change to the Clique Kits Travellers Notebook kit suits my project life spreads.

Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment