Wednesday 15 August 2018

Week 16 Project Life for 2018

I'm spending some time at the moment going back into my stash of 2018 Studio Calico kits and making sure I use them.  I have this habit of wanting all the pretty new things (hands up if that's you too!) and so easily will put aside a kit that I haven't had time to play with.  So this week I'm cracking back into the Studio Calico February Candyland Documenter kit.


My go to techniques with PL in my 6x8 album are visual triangles, and minimising the major colours in my colour palette to three.  This week I've focused on orange and fawn, with my pop of colour being teal.


Lately I've been loving creating hybrid title cards each week.  I'll generally have an element printed from my computer, and I posted on Instagram yesterday about the different textures on this one title card.  I've used alpha stickers, machine stitching, hand stitching with embroidery thread, and ribbon.  Just love these little details on a spread.







I cheated a bit with this photo and took a screenshot of an Instagram post from our son's girlfriend.  Since it wasn't a high resolution photo (being a screenshot from social media), I edited it into black and white, which always looks better with a lower quality image, and also took away the bold colours of the photo to suit my colour palette more.  

I also took to the stamp from the kit with my favourite craft scissors and cut away the only word that I wanted to use from it.  I think the original stamp was 'Love Yo Self', but this 'Love' sentiment suited my photo much more.



Since I don't have any filler cards this week I've kept my embellishments pretty simple, and after adding an orange tab die cut from a card I''m calling this week done.

So guys, it's taken me about 2 hours to get to this blog post today.  I've been having so much trouble with images on my blog turning out super blurry and pixellated no matter how much time I spend on trying to get them right. I'm normally a Google wizard, but even Google isn't helping me out!  If anyone has any hints and tips on how to keep your images beautiful on the Blogger platform I'd love to hear from you.

In the meantime, thanks for putting up with these blurry images, and also thanks so much for stopping by today!






No comments:

Post a Comment