Wednesday 8 August 2018

Pocket Pages - Week 15 for 2018

Some kits just lend themselves to multiple colour palettes for different projects, and the Bookmarked (March 2018) Documenter kit from Studio Calico is definitely one of those kits.


For this spread I've been able to pull the beautiful turquoise and yellow, with an accent of red and pink. But I've also made a couple of other spreads from the same kit that are completely different colour palettes.  I think this combo is definitely my fave though!



My title card this week is a simple tag from one of the Studio Calico printables.  I've typed the week number and dates in Word in different fonts, and printed them onto the tag.


I shared on my Instagram account yesterday that I usually just record little stories from the week in my PL spreads, but this journalling card inspired me to record our dinner meals for the week.  Three of my faves this week, zucchini and fennel tart, gourmet beef and beetroot burgers, and my chicken, mushroom and leek risotto... yum!

I only realised when I was editing the photos of this spread that I made a mistake in the journalling!  I wonder if anyone can tell what it is hehe...



I loved the Happy as a Lark card as soon as I saw it in Marie Lottermoser's sneak peek even before the release of this kit.  I mean, those sweet birdies right!?  I used one of my circle punches to punch out the piece I needed from the card, then layered it with a few elements onto a filler card from the kit, including a die cut mini doily in white cardstock from my stash.


Diane Williams changed my world by putting me on to Brilliance Moonlight White Ink for stamping directly on photos.  This is my go to ink for stamping on photos now, and even if you don't like stamping text onto your photos a date stamp looks amazing in this ink too.


I feel like I've been saying this a bit lately, but this is definitely one of my favourite spreads for the year so far.  Thanks so much for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment