Monday 25 March 2019

Fussy Cutting in a Traveler's Notebook | Hip Kit Club

Hi friends, I have a new traveler's notebook spread for Hip Kit Club today using the gorgeous February Project Life kit and February Paper kit, and I've pulled a lot of the super pretty papers from the Market Garden collection by Carta Bella in this one.

Since the patterned paper on the left side was powder pink and cream, I chose a cream cardstock to be the base of the right side.  

My assignment for this project is to include fussy cutting, and I'll admit I kinda went to town with it! I cut lots of florals to frame my photo on the right side.


Then I fussy cut some extra pieces from the cut apart paper for the left side of my spread.  The flower pots, small flower cluster at the top, and even the resting spot for the flower pots (repurposed from a bicycle cart shade) were all fussy cut.






















Once I had a bunch of floral and leafy elements cut I layered them in a way that I liked around the top left and bottom right of my photo.  I added some messy gold thread in amongst my three flower clusters on the layout as well.

To finish the spread off I added a couple of the Pinkfresh Studio stickers and a brad from the Carta Bella pack in the Project Life kit.  


























After I stamped the date stamp below my photo I called this one done.

How about you? Are you a fan of fussy cutting or not?  I was totally surprised when we had a group chat about this on the Hip Kit Facebook Members Group that about 90% of people loved fussy cutting, I mean, don't get me wrong I totally love it, but I know it's not for everyone.  I'd love to hear if you're team fussy cutting or not in the comments xo

Thanks so much for stopping by today,












No comments:

Post a Comment