Monday 11 March 2019

Hip Kit Club | A Jar Full of Happiness Traveler's Notebook Layout

Hi friends!  Today I'm sharing my latest traveler's notebook spread for Hip Kit Club.  I'm using the beautiful February 2019 Project Life and February 2019 Add-On Paper kit, and since I adore mason jars I couldn't go past this Candy Hearts cut file that's filled with hearts and polka dots, and even has a ribbon and bow at the top!



I used the pink to red ombre paper from the Crate Paper La La Love collection to back the inside of the jar, and pulled out my trusty watercolour set to add some pink to the top layer of the cut file that I'd cut from white cardstock, and a turquoise to the ribbon and bow piece that sits at the top of the jar.  There really was no particular technique to apply the watercolour, I just used a small paint brush, dabbed here and then splattered there, and when it dried it turned out with a lovely mottled effect.

I backstitched in a matching turquoise embroidery thread on the outline of the jar and put all of the cut file pieces together.


A little journalling, some puffy stickers, chipboard pieces and a sweet flower paper clip from the Project Life kit and I called this one done.

If you haven't tried using a cut file in a traveler's notebook spread yet, I hope I've inspired you to give it a go - it's a lot of fun!

Thanks for stopping by today,










No comments:

Post a Comment